“Imagination is the beginning of creation.
You imagine what you desire,
you will what you imagine
and at last you create what you will.”
–George Bernard Shaw
Has Quarantine life left you feeling disconnected?
The feeling of being shut out or separated from nature, the universe and the cycles of your life is not uncommon during trying times. But if you want connection, why not turn to magick? Don’t forget:
“Magick is to make something out of nothing or to take something and turn it into something else.”
To remind you of your life as a magician, here are a few tips to level-up your magickal abilities and restore enthusiasm for your craft!
These tips are derived from a magickal teaching shared in the Modern Mystery School called Rules for Magicians. You’ll find out more in classes like the Universal Hermetic Ray Kabbalah or Healers Academy, but here’s a sneak peek. Enjoy!
1) His/Her strength comes from or is affected by the quality of life he/she leads.
Right now, you must be thinking to yourself: “I want magick to IMPROVE the quality of my life.” And absolutely, yes – magick does that! But before you work your magick, take care of yourself! Since the process of manifestation follows from what is internal, the quality of your heart and mind in the moment are essential!
So, what does a magician do? The answer is simple, prepare yourself! Don’t forget about all these simple ways you can prepare your energy:
- Smudging with sage, palo santo, or sweet grass soothes the mind and emotions while easing anxiety
- Anointing your chakras with essential oils stimulates light flow and promotes centeredness, try lemon, jasmine or even olive oil
- Have a bath! Epsom salts in a warm, cozy bath are a great way to cleanse your energy field and soothe frazzled nerves. Don’t be afraid to add some chamomile or lavender flowers for healing, or some orange peel for vitality and joy
2) The quality that most distinguishes the great from the average worker of Magick is “Imagination”.
Imagination and fantasy are not the same things! Pablo Picasso once said that if you can imagine something that it is real! But to go deeper into this, imagination is how we receive that first spark that lights up the ability for something to manifest in this world. Imagination is what allows for true expression and is the heart’s authentic way of communicating through vision.
Truth be told, we don’t take enough time to really imagine and build the energetic platform for our desires. When was the last time you let your imagination take flight?
If it’s been a while since you’ve boarded the jet of your imagination, here are a few tips to help you remember how to drive:
- Get into a cozy position, wrap yourself up in a blanket, and allow your imagination to ponder the possibilities of all that you desire
- If you find yourself stuck in the current status of things, start asking “what if?” and let the visions flow from there
- Still stuck? Go back to your favourite stories and legends as a kid! Care for some adult adventures instead? Try reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho or The 5 People you Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
3) He/She must bring about a successful combination of intense desire and concentration with an appropriate object.
How can you create something you don’t want? In fact, how often have you self-sabotaged in creating/achieving something simply because you didn’t want it?
Desire is a key to creation! So, here are a few ways to renew and clarify your desires:
Clarity: put away the to-do list! Spend time in reflection and contemplation and ask yourself what you want. What does your heart desire?
Visualization: many athletes and successful business owners have used visualization as a powerful practice to create focus. Metaphysically, it helps gather energy and potency around your desires. Try a vision board if the practice of holding an image in your mind’s eye is difficult!
Focus through prayer: take the time to connect with God and all the benevolent beings who are part of God’s creation team! Spending time in prayer giving thanks and asking for guidance and assistance on how to manifest your heart’s desires. Taking time to pray daily is a great way to sustain focus, especially when your day becomes filled with 10,000 things to do, so that you don’t forget about what’s truly important to your heart and spirit!
So magicians, what do you want to create? Take these teachings to heart and start becoming a potent force of goodness and positivity in your life! Live as a magician and watch how you and the world around transform!
Wishing you all the manifestation of your hearts’ desires!